Friday, February 27, 2009

Ouch! and Juice

I moved up to level 2 of the 30 Day Shred workout video today. I was doing pretty good with level 1, so I thought I'd try level 2. Let me tell you, that was the most I've worked my shoulders ever, I think. There was a lot of exercises with planks. And then near the end, when it felt like we'd already done 50 plank exercises, and we were on cardio (the last set of cardio), she said, once again, "get in the plank position". And I think I might have shed a tear or two.

But then I thought I can get through this. My shoulders will never work the same, but this is the last one, because abs are next. So, we finished cardio, and then we were moving onto abs, and I was all ready to get on my back, and she said, "Now, from the plank position, we're going to do oblique twists." All I can say is, after doing this video if I don't have really defined shoulders, something in the world is not right. I'm sure I'll be thankful during tanktop and swimsuit season.

Also, the missing part from my juicer that we ordered awhile ago finally came yesterday. So I've been trying to drink a lot more juice. I read an article in a magazine that said doing a week of juicing (which I'm not fully doing, just part) will help with a lot of different symptoms. And it listed them all, most of which I've been suffering from. I would list them, but I had borrowed the magazine from the library, and have since taken it back.

Anyway, this morning I had apple and carrot juice, and now for lunch I'm having sweet potato, carrot, celery, and plum juice. I'm not so sure about the sweet potato. I had it sitting in my fridge, and I decided I'd try to use it. I didn't even think it would produce very much juice, but it actually made the most juice out of anything I'd used today. It just gives the juice a little bit of grittiness. It's not bad, though.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh... I love the plank. Seriously. But my classes hate it when I do too many.

    ReplyDelete