Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mmm Fiber!

I've found a secret weapon for healthy eating. We've been having wraps every day for lunch, and I've been using these amazing tortillas. There are 21 grams of fiber in these tortillas (the large size). That's almost the whole recommended daily amount.
At first I was a little hesitant to use these because there's also 200 calories per tortilla, which seems like a lot. But when I fill the tortilla with lean protein or beans and lots of veggies, the total calorie count isn't very much, but it's a crazy healthy lunch. Also, I've been known to eat candy or a brownie or some other junk for lunch, which would have at least as many calories, but obviously doesn't have near the nutritional value. And the best part is these taste really good! They're soft and just all around yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment