Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Half Mile Again

I tried running the same distance I did yesterday. I guessed it at about half a mile, but it turns out it's not quite there--it's about .45 miles. Anyway, yesterday I felt like I was going to throw up, and just felt awful after I ran it (I had just done 3 miles on the bike first, as well). Today it wasn't so bad. I was a bit winded, but I recovered pretty quickly. For some reason, running and I just don't mix.

I'm going to keep doing that (almost) half mile every day until it feels comfortable, and then I'll double it and do a mile. On some days I'll be adding biking into it, and I'm going to try to make it to the pool for lap swimming a few times as well.

1 comment:

  1. Try running every other day; it gives your muscles a chance to heal and recover. The resting part is just as important as the workout part!!

    ReplyDelete